Dr. Akshaya Kulkarni
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr.Akshaya Kulkarni is a Specialist Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon and a Dental Implantologist with over 9 years of experience in the field.
After completing her Bachelors in Dentistry from Rajiv Gandhi University, India, she pursued her Masters in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from the prestigious NITTE University, Mangalore, India. After completing her Masters, Dr. Akshaya completed her Fellowship in Cleft Lip and Palate at NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Craniofacial Surgery, Mangalore.
She has worked in a tertiary level hospital in the Southern part of India where she helped establish the specialty and also the Department of Dentistry. In 2016 she pursued the field of specialized dental implantology and participated in a course conducted by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). She got credentialed with the Academy as an Associate Fellow of the AAID in 2018- anhonor possessed by a few in UAE.
Her perseverance in the field of dental implantology led her to become a Faculty with AAID Maxicourse, UAE which is conducted at Ajman University.
She believes in Comprehensive Dental care as opposed to limited piecemeal treatment. She is known to equip patients with a detailed long-term plan for their dental health needs.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
- Dental implantology
- Single same-day implants to full mouth rehabilitation
- Precise dental implant surgery with the aid of 3D planning and surgical guides
- Eliminating the use of messy impression materials with the use of the newest digital technology
- Provision of a detailed plan to the patient before proceeding with implant surgery
- Bone grafting procedures to restore/ rebuild lost bone for dental implant surgery
- Precise diagnosis and treatment planning with the use of CBCT
- Wisdom teeth removal, difficult extractions
- Comprehensive dental checks, diagnosis, and long-term treatment plan for patients’ dental needs
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Minor pathologies of head and neck